Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dear Mr. Sanjeev whoever you are from SASTRA

On the behalf of BITS-Pilani, Goa I apologize to you for the following reasons.

1. I'm sorry you took a train from Bengaluru to Hubli and then Hubli to Goa instead of taing the direct Bengaluru-Goa trains available twice a day.

2. I'm sorry that we didn't have the navy salute you as you entered our campus and did not have a grand celebration to herald your arrival.

3. I'm sorry that you could not see the food stalls that were specially set up. I'm also sorry you did not ask for directions to our institute cafeteria and had to settle for junk.

4. I'm sorry that 10 of our college teams and 2 teams from other colleges were better than you at "2nd class kid level problems". We should have enrolled you in the 2nd grade in some school when you registered.

5. I'm sorry you chose to go to Miramar when we should have taken you by the hand to beaches like Majorda, Palolim, Baga etc.

7. I'm sorry that you speak only broken Hindi and so struggled to take taxis/buses to move to & from the campus.

So Mr Sanjeev Gopinath I am sorry about all the misfortune that we have caused. Come back next year. But don't expect anything different :|

8 comments:

  1. agreed \m/
    People really shouldn't whine about stuff that's clearly their fault

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. When I asked your event coords about how I could reach BITS Goa, they had no clue of trains... It was only after that, we had to find out our own way....
    2. I expected atleast a big banner that welcomed other college students. We had it in our Tech Fest... If you'd like to see the problems that were given in our Tech fest... mail me.. sanjeev.for.open@gmail.com. I'll send you...
    3. Fine, I am a vege and felt yuck to go near the stalls... I give no comments about that... I had to struggle to find whether the food served was pure vege or not...
    4. We are used to code since our young age and nevertheless, would also like to mention that we're one of the Top Topcoders (www.topcoders.com).
    5. Yeah... we were not guided properly about the beaches... So we ended up having a bad tour to the beaches.
    6. Hope you were so angry on me... you forgot the sixth question. Chill...
    7. Hmmm... true that I could manage with broken hindi... No comments about it... ****

    Its bad that you say not to expect anything different... thats your problem. These are just weak links that I pointed out... Its upto you to organise the fest in a better way. You know? We had an online judge where as your college asked us to e-mail the codes... :(. We had international participants... many from China coded too...

    Anyways thanks for providing a post for me in your basket BALL blog. Sorry once and for all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. try taking a look at these sites...
    www.daksh.sastra.edu
    www.ks.sastra.edu

    ReplyDelete
  4. the sites are up and running dude! probably you could have had a typo. And I ofcourse asked the hospitality team. I am not a dumbo! I can think atleast!!! :)

    Anyways dude! peace... lets not get too much into these things... lets freeze these discussions...

    ReplyDelete